Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's that time of year...AGAIN....

(OK SO THIS BLOG GOT POSTED WAY LATE!!!  THIS IS FROM 2 YEARS AGO, ITS BEEN SAVED IN MY BLOGS AND NEVER WAS POSTED SO I DECIDED I NEEDED TO POST IT! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER)

WOW!!! I can't believe it's that time of year again. Really, how does time fly by so fast? However, some days feel like they last FOREVER, but other days are over so fast. Some say its age that makes time fly, but again I think it's kids...follow me on this one...they run you from here to there, they need this and that, and mess up all of that...so of course you never have time for ANYTHING and before you know it ~ YEP...the day is over and you didn't get ANYTHING done! But hey it's all good and that's what moms are for, RIGHT?!?!


This week is our School Book Fair. I love it when our school gets the book fair! BUT its a lot of hours for my friend and I. We are usually the only two that work the fair and well, anything else that happens at the school this year. BUT that's OK, it's ALL FOR MY KIDDOS!


BUT the books, they are crazy this time. Like today, we were looking at this one book...YOU TALK ABOUT SCARY! We actually gave ourselves goose bums as we were readying what this book was about. It had a scary looking dead ghost girl on the cover and then as we were readying it, the air clicked on in our room, made us cold and well, we kind of scared ourselves. I think the best part was as we were going around (when there wasn't any classes visiting) looking for all the scary books, my friend had her back to me and she said "Now I feel like someone is watching me." I just started laughing, cuz I just happened to be staring at her back. She felt my stare and it gave her the hebe jebes! I LOVE IT!


You know what else it is right now...SCIENCE FAIR time! Josh has built the COOLEST thing, but I'm telling you, I have NO idea how I'm going to get the big thing to school this week. He built a Trebuchet...basically a BIG, OK it's big to me, but really its not true to size. A trebuchet is like a catapult. This thing is SOOOOO COOL! But really, it's almost as big as me! And it has changeable arms on it which makes it taller! His project is all about physics with levers and weights. The kid came up with it all on his own...funny little guy! (OK maybe he's not so little any more).


The kids, and when I say kids, I mean DJ, too. Had so much fun these last few weeks throwing balls and seeing what will fly farther! Cayla was telling a bunch of her friends about it, and when we were doing the science part (you know running the actual test), all these guys said they wanted to come out and play with it too. (Boys and their toys).


THIS SCIENCE PROJECT IS GOING TO BE THE BEST WATER BALLOON LAUNCHER AROUND...of course that's not what it was made for, BUT that's what it will be used as if I know my boys!

No comments: