Sunday, March 8, 2015

Who's a "Meat and Potato" kind of person

I said it before...but its so true so I'm gonna say it again...

I LOVE COMFORT FOOD!!!  

Really I do!! 

I love eating the foods I grew up with, even the most basic dishes, you know like Meat Loaf!!  
So the other night when I was flipping through my old recipes, 
(the ones my mom gave me before I got married with all the family favorites), 
I saw this recipe and decided this was WHAT WAS GONNA BE FOR DINNER!!  

An old family favorite....Simple MEAT AND POTATO PIE

Meat and Potato Pie 



Ingredients

2 pie crust (store kind works great) 
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey (I use turkey) 
1/2 cup milk 
1/2 envelope dry onion soup mix 
Dash pepper
Dash allspice 
1- 12oz package lose-pack frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed

Prepare pie crust.  Line 9 in pie plate with pastry.  Combine meat, milk, soup mix, pepper and allspice, mix gently.  Lightly pat into pie plate.  Top with potatoes.  Adjust top crust, seal and flute edge.  Cut design in top pastry.  Bake at 350' about one hour or till browned.  Serve with warm with catsup.  Makes 6 to 8 servings. 

Prepare pie crust.  Line 9 in pie plate with pastry

Combine meat, soup mix, milk, pepper and allspice, mix gently

Lightly pat into pie plate 

Top with potatoes

Add a little pepper on top of potatoes 

Adjust top crust, seal and flute edge

Bake at 350' about an hour or till browned.  

Serve warm  
If choosing to freeze, allow to cool and then seal 

Cut and serve 

With or without catsup 

Growing up this was one of our family favorite!  There was NEVER leftovers when we had this!!  
Simple and GOOD...what more could you ask for!! 
Enjoy!!  


No comments: