Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Schools out for Summer...

Can we give a BIG WHOOWHO!!!!!

Schools out for SUMMER!!!

 
I know - your asking what am I so excited for...I'm not the one that was in school all day?!?!?! Although that may be true - I was the one up before Josh and early morning seminary working our and cooking breakfast for him. 
 
Oh and lets not forget running up stairs (every other day it seemed like) while cooking breakfast and re-waking Josh cuz he fell back to sleep!
 
Then after he leaves for seminary getting Seth up for school.  Now that was a CHOIR!! The "Hurry up Seth", "Brush your teeth Seth", "Your hair is sticking up Seth", "Get your backpack ready Seth".  OR the "Mom, I can't find socks," "Well if you'd put  your clothes away maybe you'd have clothes." 
 
Then after school - getting homework done in under 2 hours would be a dream come true...BUT its like pulling teeth with Seth!
 
Let's see..."Mom can I have a snack?" "I need to use the restroom", "I need a drink", "My pencil needs to be sharpened" or one of my favorites "I need to stretch."
Whatever his reason or excuse it drags homework that would take 30 minutes into hours!  And I'm usually the one who has to sit with him...Oh and trust me I always have snack ready, pencils are sharpened, his drink is good to go, BUT somehow he drags it on!
 
Then Josh!!  Hes pretty good about doing his homework now in a timely matter.  It wasn't always that way.  But his problem is getting his homework done before scouts or bed.  When he stays after school, sometimes til 5 or 6, then dinner it doesn't leave much time.  Then theres always the projects due with only a day or two notice - so we are up late trying to get it done.
 
So you ask "Why am I excited for summer?"  Yes I still will be getting up early to workout but I don't need to rush getting breakfast ready and getting the boys out the door for school!  Two month break with NO HOMEWORK!!  No more "It's bedtime" and hearing "Oh mom I'm watching such and such, five more minutes pppplllllleeeeaaasssseeee!" Now they can stay up later...WHOOWHO!
 
The one down side is the real possibility of the boys driving me NUTS! The next 2 months and the depression of knowing in 2 months its ALL GOING TO START OVER!!!   NNNNOOOOOOOO - SAY IT ISN'T SO!! 

No comments: