Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girls Camp...just a few hightlights...

Well, I can say I survived...I didn't die...I didn't get sprayed by a skunk, didn't get eaten by a mountain lion, didn't get bitten by a snake and I didn't fall off the side of the mountain!!! I LIVED through GIRLS CAMP!!! YEAH ME!!!!

NO...REALLY, it was questionable...but camp went well...sooooo many people said this was one of the best camps they've had in Buckeye in a long time. Way to go Tiffany and Katie...you guys did good!

NOW, you know me...I'm not gonna lie to you...there were some major ups and some major down. AND NO!!! Don't ask...I'm not going to tell you what they were, that would be wrong of me to tell you that would be gossip and as we learned the first night at girls camp...GOSSIP is WRONG:) (little plug for everyone that was at girls camp) But I don't want to be Little Miss Pious and be all Holy now!!! It was fun wearing a formal and Terra at camp!!!

I was really happy that Cayla was at camp with me this year. I don't know if she'll go to camp next year or not, but at least she went this year, good or bad. She LOVES camp...heck shes got to...shes gone twice this year. And both camps had there moments for her. She will make an AWESOME leader someday!!!


One of the funnest things was also the coolest things. It was when we had deer come into camp. And when I say come into camp, I mean we walked right up to them, just a couple of feet from them (too bad I didn't have my camera...I know...don't yell at me...gesh, I can't have it with me all the time.) Anywho, I was with three girls from my ward and we were laughing so hard cuz one of them was doing what we now call, well, the matting call and run. It was so funny, and those deer just didn't run away. Crazy animals, and I'm not nessarly talking about the deers.

We did the iron rod program and it was both funny and spiritual. Of course this wasn't without some problems, but as always "Its all good". I was stationed right next to where the girls got brought if they let go on the iron rod and can I just say...I wanted to laugh and cry for these girls. Cayla kept bring girls because someone told the girls "don't trust anyone except for Cayla". So when they got to her, she said that they needed to go over to a different area, and the poor little things bought it and let go. Cayla was bring girls left and right. Then it was even sadder...They would get put back on the rod in front of me and I would tell them that they got put on in the wrong spot and needed to move them and you guessed it...they let go AGAIN!
I love camp...BUT...I'm glad its over. I think Caylas kind of glad its all over too. Long days and late nights, makes for a VERY grouchy Suzi!

No comments: