Friday, July 12, 2013

Great Oatmeal Cookies...

Like I said a few weeks ago there are a few things our family takes very serious...one of those things was Chocolate Cookies...
 
...Well, I guess I should of said we take homemade cookies seriously! 
We really love cookies in this family! (if you don't believe me - look at my waistline)  Not just my hubby and kids, but my parents, my brother and sisters families...MY WHOLE FAMILY!  We love our cookies! 
 
This last week Cayla, my parents, brother and his family went to MX.  Now when we go to MX we take all our food (with the exception of bread and tortillas).  My mom asked Cay to make Oatmeal cookies and she would make the Chocolate cookies. 
 
 One problem with making cookies for this trip...Cayla was barely getting back from UT the night before they were all leaving.  So I offered to make the cookies for her. 
 
Now to let you know how much my family loves cookies...according to Cayla and Josh the batch I made was gone the first day...THATS A LOT OF COOKIES! 
 
Enjoy...our family loves them! 

They are so soft! 
Depending on the size you make them you can fit more on your cookie sheet.  
As long as you don't over bake these they will stay soft and moist!
 
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt  (be careful not to add too much, you could even add a little less if you'd like)
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp cloves
3 cups quick cooking oats
OPT:  1 cup raisins and/or 1 cup chop nuts
 
Mix thoroughly shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Drop dough by teaspoonful's on greased baking sheet. Immediately remove from baking sheet.  Bake 12 to 15 minutes. 
 
YUMMY!!! Enjoy a batch of nice warm cookies!

No comments: