Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sweet Apple Muffins...

This morning we had a house full...

Well a house full of BOY SCOUTS that is! 

And everyone knows that boys are always hungry!  So I thought I would not only feed them but I would feed my own family!  This is one of our family favorite muffins...its been in the family for years!  I remember making these as a little girl (so yes, that is a long, long time ago...how long...I'm NOT telling!!)
(I have to laugh at this picture...as I was taking it, getting ready to give it to my hubby for breakfast...Josh yells "NO wait don't take it yet!"  He starts going through my cabinets looking for something, messing everything up and then brings out my cinnamon and places it on the apples and says "Now its ready for its picture and to be served!"  He is such a nerd!  But ya gotta love the kid!!
 
 
Really this recipe is truly a NO BRAINER recipe!!  PROMISE!! 
 
Hardest part...grating the apples!
 
So easy to mix, you really don't need to use a mixer!
 
Fill your muffin tins 3/4
 
Top with topping and bake
 
Eat and enjoy!!
 
SWEET APPLE MUFFINS
 
1 Egg
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup grated apple
 
Topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup broken nuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
 
Heat oven to 400'.  Grease a 12 muffin tin.   Beat egg, stir in milk and oil, add grated apple.  Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened.  Batter will be lumpy.  Top with topping.  Bake 25-30 min.  Remove immediately. 
 
ENJOY!!!! 

No comments: