Sunday, March 14, 2010

Prophet said...

...To plant a garden...SO that's what we did!

Saturday, DJ, the boys and I spent all day working on the back yard. I wasn't really sure it was going to happen cuz DJ was suppose to have Military Duty, but it got cancelled...WHOO WHO!

We ran to Home Depot and Lowels and then to Lowels again...Can I just say I really don't like Lowels...it's a girly store and Home Depot is a real mans store. Lowels couldn't help DJ with some things he needed last week so thats why we ended up a Home Depot and YES they were able to help (I just LOVE Home Depot). But I do have to give Lowels a little credit...which again confirms its a girly store...they had a much better flower selection then Home Depot.

Anywho, while DJ fixed a pipe, the boys and I had the fun task...pulling weeds, picking up dog poo (not ME, thats one of the boys jobs that of course they've been slacking on. Who would of thought that one little old dog could make SO MUCH Poop!), and mowing and weed eating the backyard. Which while I was mowing, the lawnmower DIED!! (I killed the pore lawn mower while DJ was making yet another run to Lowels, so I thought). It didn't blow a fuss it just stopped. DJ looked it over and well, a part got fried! (Good new...I didn't do it...it just wore out from time). Which meant a run to checker for the part!! But DJ fixed it cuz he's the man but I MOWED the lawn CUZ I'm the WO-MAN!

Our next task was adding in planting compost to all our dirt. Again I had the fun task of doing that while DJ was putting in new tubing where we wanted to plant flowers and veggies! Can I just say my arms are killing me. Great work out I guess!
Now, after all the hard work, we have pretty flowers planted and my herb garden is in along, with 3 different kinds of squash, pumpkin, watermelon, beets, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, LOTS of peppers, and LOTS of tomato's, plus a couple of other things, that I just can't remember off the top of my head. We still have a few things to do on Monday but in a few months all our hard work will be worth it...and can I just say my back yard is SOOOO green! Now for the WEEDS in the front yard! (I just know I'm going to get a notice from the HOA...but this Saturday is the day for pulling the weeds in the front yard, I promise!)

No comments: