Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I WANT to KILL my COMPUTER....

A few months ago Qwest changed our Internet. They went to something that was going to be faster and all that.
NOW...we didn't get a choice in the matter, it was change or you have NO more Internet. SO, with the option at hand, we changed. Really it was no biggy. Infact, according to DJ it was going to be a better deal anyway. We were upgraded to a faster modem and everything was ALL GOOD....
OK NOT REALLY!

Didn't really put two and two together until a few weeks ago, but here's whats been happening. Ever since they switched us we have had some static on our phone line. At the time I really didn't think much about it. Until it started getting worse and I mean really really worse! To the point sometimes I really couldn't hear what people were saying (ok so the truth came out, I never knew what any of you were saying half the time, I just agreed to it all, ok, deal with it).

Then the next thing started happening, our Internet started to really slow down. Whats up with that. Its suppose to be FASTER. Now if you haven't learned yet...
Suzi is not a patient person...
I know, this might come to a shock to some of you...but yes it is true...I have NO patients!
It was driving me crazy. Then the Internet started to freeze up! NOW I'm mad.

Not only is it freezing up once in awhile, its happening ALL THE TIME. So DJ calls Qwest. They have him do something, saying it was the problem, yeah~no! Still static and still slow Internet!
DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. Infact its getting worse by the minute.

Do you all know what time it is right now...ITS CAMP TIME...The time I need my computer! Yesterday was the worse day of all. It wouldn't let me on the Internet but for two seconds here and two seconds there. It was driving me batty...(no commits...I know I'm already half way there).

Anyways...DJ makes a call, I'm telling you, I know these Qwest people sit at there desk just dying of laughter at some of the stuff they know they are making people do. They had us running around our house, moving beds, taking panels off walls to get to wires, climbing over stuff, it was crazy...and what was all this for...just to find out that it was our modem and not our phones or our phone lines that what bad. I could have told them that. The problem started when we got the NEW modem!!! Now I have to WAIT (and everyone knows I don't wait well, maybe thats were Seth gets it from). A new one should be here today or tomorrow or the next day. The crazy part it...it works just fine first thing in the morning and late at night. DJ gets on it last night and has NO problems at all. FIGURES!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oy! Hmmm. Doesn't it make you wonder how people got things done 20 years ago? Sorry you are so computer-frustrated!

Heather said...

we were having a simmilar problem, we had 4 I repeat 4 quest guys come out here and they would do things to get it to "work". It would "work" for a couple of days and then go back to us having no internet again. So yet another Quest guy comes out yesterday and tells us as soon as he walks in the office he sees the problem. The motem, because it cant handle the higher speed, it keeps freeking out. I really wish that one of the other Quest guys would have realized that 3 months ago when the problems started.