Monday, June 15, 2009

Lets talk Sea World (better late than NEVER)...

...Can I just say sleeping at sea world with the Manatees was (how does an excited kid put it) TOTAL AWESOME...TOTAL COOL...WICKED...AMAZING...OUT OF THIS WORLD...WOW!

Ok, Now I'm just going a bit over board but really it was really cool!!

OK, so the drive down wasn't as bad as I thought! Well with one exception...Teresa and I had to share a sit (do you know how hard it is to fit my long legs into a bus sit, granted it was a gray hound type bus but still). We did have our own sit but thought that there wasn't going to be enough so we gave them up...boy were we dumb, two other parents got them, OH WELL, WE SHOWED THEM...WE MADE THEM SHARE ON THE RIDE HOME AND HAD OUR OWN SO WE COULD STRETCH OUT AND SLEEP...NICE!

Ok...back to the drive, the reason it wasn't so bad was the teachers on our bus every 15 minutes, yes that was 15 minutes handed out snacks. I thought for sure we would have someone get sick but no one did, CRAZY. But up until 40 minutes before we reached Sea World the kids were eating and watching movies.

When we got there it was activities all night. They split us into our groups, half with the manatees and half with the sharks and took us to those areas. During the night we got to feed the bat rays and go around as see the dolphins and some of the whales. We even made little dolphin our of clay. They took our group that didn't see the sharks into the shark area. There was just so much to see and do.

But at bed time...this was soooooooo cooooool! You see Manatees don't really sleep all night. They only sleep for 20 minutes and then have to get air. So every time you woke up during the night they were swimming around. Of course you really didn't sleep really good, but that was ok, you had a cool show to watch all night long. I just layed there watching the manatees swimming around. Pretty neat if you ask me.

OH WAIT...if I don't share this little bit of info, Teresa just might have a cow. This was the high light of the night. NOT REALLY. So we were walking along, it was kind of dark and all of the sudden, slat...yes slat. A bird, in a tree, sleeping, pooped down and it hit me, ME of all people, in the face, yes that was the face and the head. IT WAS SO SICK. You had everyone helping me clean up. It got my hair, the side of my eye and reckashade and hit Teresa (serves her right!) So that was my little adventures at Sea World.

The next morning they took us around to feed the Sea Lions and to a few other places and then to Breakfast! They really take good care of you there. After breakfast we broke off into our smaller groups and spent the whole day at Sea World.

It was kind of funny...so when we got to Sea World, we all had shorts on cuz well we were coming from Phoenix were it was 100 degrees. When we got there it was in the 50's. We were freezing. At times I'm sure I was turning blue. The next day was a typical San Diego day, over cast. Our helper person says "oh it will burn off, don't worry." Well, I still wore pants and kept my sweater. I told Josh to keep his sweater, but hes on the verge of being a man and didn't listen, so he was in shorts and the ugly lime green shirt that we all had to wear. As the morning is going on the poor kid is freezing, so I was going to get him a sweat shirt of some kind (side note...I looked all day, did you know they really don't sell just regular hoodies, they have jackets and sweatshirts (for girls) and other types of things, but not just hoodies).

Anyways, we decided as our small group to go to the big show first. It started at 11:30. So we get there and our kids who are already cold want to sit in the slash zone...NOT ME...NOT TERESA! So we say that's fine and move to different area were we can still see them. OH MY HECK did they GET WET!!! Ok wet does not even come close to what they got. It was dripping off there clothes. Ya lets just say they were cold. After that we figure since you already wet lets hit the rides....It took them hours to dry off! Teresa and I just watched from the side (I was already cold didn't want to be colder!) They had fun though! Funny thing at around 3 we went to go and see the Dolphin show, thats when the sun finally came out! It took all day for it to come out! Oh well.

If you ever get the chance to go to Sea World on a field trip...GO, it is fun to sleep with the animals. At about 5 we headed home and slept the whole way! What a day!